Monday, July 25, 2011

"I loved Richie Rich."

Also titled, things I learned you don't say to John Larroquette.

My sister Leigh and I just spent a sweltering 36 hours in New York City (with a side trip to Hoboken to see Sophie!) and these are the highlights-
SPOILER: I met Harry Potter, I mean Daniel Radcliffe, oh whatever.
And we're off! Thank you Amtrak Acela.

View from the rooftop of our hotel- ink48, reasonable rate courtesy of SniqueAway.
A matinee performance of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. Strongly recommend this show, not only are the performances top notch, but the art direction and costume design are like Mad Men meets Hairspray- winning.
The best sushi I've ever had, at Bondst.
Having learned how hard it is to get Daniel Radcliffe's autograph after seeing Equus (in a cold snap in December), we planned out our return after the evening performance of How to Succeed (on the hottest day...ever?). But we were indeed successful, AND...
...it was Daniel's birthday. Which I did not know when purchasing the tickets, but it must have been fate. It was also hilarious watching him handle the balloons, cakes and presents thrust upon him as he worked the crowd.
And although I said the stupidest thing ever to John Larroquette, he also signed my Playbill.
The next morning Keenan, Frances and I saw Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty at the Met and it was just stunning. They also humoured me for a Gossip Girl inspired shot on the museum steps.
Followed by brunch at Alice's Tea Cup. I ate my pumpkin pancakes too quickly to take a photo. Whoops!
Rounding out the HP side of the weekend, Leigh and I visited the Harry Potter: The Exhibition before it leaves North America.
And after enjoying some retro bowling and a (cheap. so cheap!) manicure, I snapped this shot off a billboard on our way to Penn Station. And it might be my favorite of the trip. Well, aside from those of Daniel Radcliffe. You saw that right? That I met him? Oh good, just checking.

I am tired, a bit sore, and so grateful last week's heatwave has broken. Hope the clip above brightens your Monday!

Photos: there's that handy instagram again.

No comments:

Post a Comment