Thursday, April 21, 2011

Punchbuggy.

Fact: My first car was a 2000 model Volkswagen Beetle. Christened the DAZYBUG for the three St. C daisy decals proudly displayed across the rear window, I inherited it on my sixteenth birthday. It quickly became a part of my identity, as a candy colored clown car driven by a girl with questionable social skills and plenty of immature guy friends only naturally will. And while the Dazybug is no longer with us (thanks a lot, LTA) its license plates, and many memories, still are.
Halloween 2001
Fact: Since the Dazybug was "taken from [her]" (again, thanks a lot, LTA), my mother never got to really drive it after I turned 16, since soon after I went to college my sister got her license. So she has decided she is getting one of these bad boys:

"If Oprah can give away one to an entire audience then I think I can get one too." You go girl.

Fact: I have always wanted to restore an original Beetle to driving condition. When I stumbled upon the following photo yesterday (it was an etsy kind of morning), I couldn't help but revisit this plan. Am currently thinking green...
Photo: BOGO

No comments:

Post a Comment